FIRST LEVEL – GARMENT SUPPLIERS.
- 40% of our business is in China.
- 60% of our business is in Bangladesh.
We have 100% traceability of all our garment suppliers
- Our supply chain is composed of sixteen factories in total with nine key factories.
- 100% of our garment factories have been visited and audited and are with whom we have the highest degree of transparency and engagement.
For more information on our factories – click here.
SECOND LEVEL – FABRIC SUPPLIERS & DYE HOUSES.
We have 100% traceability of all our fabric sources.
- 60% of our business is with vertical suppliers who knit and dye their own fabrics.
- 20% of our fabric is through one knitting source and one dye house in China.
- 20% is through a number of specialist fabric sources, all traceable.
THIRD LEVEL – YARN SPINNERS.
We have 100% transparency of this group of suppliers.
- 32% of our business is with one Spinner in Bangladesh.
- 20% is with one spinner in China.
- The balance of all spinners are traceable.
FOURTH LEVEL – RAW COTTON.
- We have 95% traceability of our cotton agents.
- We have two key agents in Bangladesh supplying up to 35% of our cotton.
- One supplier in China who supplies 20% of our total cotton - Of which 100% is Chinese cotton.
- One agent in Bangladesh with whom we are buying traceable Australian cotton.
- Two suppliers in Bangladesh who are part of our Organic Cotton Program.
FIFTH LEVEL – COTTON FARMS.
- Our raw cotton originates from China, Australia, India, Brazil, USA, and Africa. Chinese cotton makes up 40% of our production.
- 30% of our cotton originates from Australia –Australian Cotton is specified for the purity of the cotton needed for light colours. We are now making some products with only 100% Australian Cotton where we record the bale numbers for traceability.
- BCI (Better Cotton Initiative). We are currently working on a program to become a member of BCI early 2019. This will ensure we are moving to 100% sustainable cotton.
- Approximately 5% of our products are now using GOT Licensed Organic Cotton and therefore fully traceable. We are planning to increase this % in response to customer demand. Ultimately, Organic Cotton is the most sustainable product and therefore our preferred material. However, we recognise that there is a need to educate our customers further as to the benefits and hopefully encourage more customers to order products from our organic range.
- Scientific Origin Testing. In addition to moving to more sustainable cotton, we know testing is now essential at yarn form to ensure no corruption is happening at the spinning mills where cotton from various origins is often blended. We are now in the process of rolling out a testing program with Oritain who is a scientific origin testing company. While brands move to ban Uzbekistan cotton, no brand can guarantee this without some testing their program to ensure they know origin of the cotton in their products.